Published on March 1st, 2012 | by sainikbiswas0
Windows 8 Consumer Preview is now available for download
If you are one of those users desperately waiting to try your hands on Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8 OS, well as of February 29 2012 it is available for download.
There are two options available for downloading Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- You can download the 5 MB Consumer Preview Setup executable from here. Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup checks your PC to see if it can run the consumer preview, and provides a compatibility report. The Setup program then selects the optimized version of the download (up to 25% smaller) that is right for your PC (32-bit or 64-bit).The built-in download manager lets you start, stop, and resume the download at any time.Once Windows 8 Consumer Preview is downloaded, you choose how and when to install it. You can install on the current drive or you can make an ISO or bootable flash drive for installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview on another partition, virtual machine, or another PC (requires Windows Vista or Windows 7).
- The second option is to download the ISO image of the Windows 8 OS depending on your system architecture(32/64 bit version) and then either burning it on a DVD to boot the OS or running it from a Windows 8 bootable flash drive.
Here are the direct download links for Windows 8 Consumer Preview(English Version Only).
Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J(Use this product key to activate Windows 8 Consumer Preview for the downloads above).For downloading ISO image files in other languages, click here.
System Requirements For Running Window 8 Consumer Preview
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768