Published on August 31st, 2012 | by sainikbiswas1
How to bring your Start Menu back In Windows 8?
Microsoft removed the Start Menu in Windows 8. This was one of the greatest drawback of Windows 8 from a desktop users point of view. Fortunately, Stardock Software, the desktop enhancement company, has created Start8, a Windows 7 Style Start Menu to remedy the Problem. All you need to do is download and install the software in Windows 8.
The following features are supported by the Start8 Menu:
- Windows 7 style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements
- Users can search for Windows 8-style (Metro) apps with it
- Users can pin desktop and Metro apps
- Full support for Jump Lists
- Unified Search
- Users can boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop
- Fast access to shut down, devices, music, documents, videos
- Automatically matches color to the color of the taskbar
- Start button is now skinnable
- Optionally disable the desktop “hot spots”
- Supports WindowFX 5.1 startmenu animations “currently in beta”
- The Windows 8 Start screen becomes accessible from the Start menu
- Start menu size fully configurable
- Adds option for WinKey to show fullscreen Metro desktop
As you can see above the Windows 7 Style Start Menu which we desktop users so depend on is now also available on Windows 8.
We created a video for you to show how simple it is to install Start8 Menu on Windows 8 RTM.